If YOU opened the page of this tour then:
- you are a beginner climber or an advanced one,
- you are for business or travel purposes in Bucharest or elsewhere in Romania and you have a day to spend for something you really enjoy like multi pitch climbing,
- you are curious about the climbing culture and climbing practices in Romania and want to see how is to climb on Romanian’ mountains walls on multi pitch routes
- or maybe you just had not plan for a climbing day but nevertheless the idea sounds appealing to you.
- know the climbing routes: the mountains, the access routes, the number of pitches, the duration, the level of difficulty, the belay stances, the anchors, the cruxes, etc,
- we know what to do: we love lead climbing but if you are skillful enough and you want to lead climb…well, the wall is yours after of course we check and trust your abilities as you must check and trust ours – if you are a climber you know perfectly about what we are talking about; if not, well seconding has always its charm,
- and we have the equipment which you most likely did not brought from your home: ropes, harnesses, belay devices, climbing shoes, etc.
Then it looks like a match:
- You get to choose the level of difficulty, the type of rock (for instance limestone or conglomerate), the number of pitches you feel ready to tackle and how you are going to climb (lead or second).
- We get to know you. And trust you. And we get to find about climbing places in your country and how others look at climbing.
Fair enough I guess!
|Estimated duration of the climb
|depends on your options
|Individual equipment needed
|It is not the case. It is a one day tour. We will be returning at the end of the day.
|We will eat dinner at a restaurant on the return way but some sandwiches and a couple of chocolate bars and/or biscuits will help.
| Transport from and to Bucharest by car
Professional Mountain Guide
All climbing equipment, except climbing shoes which may be rented
| Other meals
Pieces of individual equipment
Climbing shoes – may be rented
|For group bookings we apply a discount based on the number of the participants. Please book the tour and/or contact us to negotiate the discount.
Other good to know issues:
- We need to know your climbing level in advance.
- If you are a beginner we will learn you the basics of multi-pitch climbing and let you have the fun of it as a second on an easy route. If you are advanced already you can do the routes of you choosing.
- The route might end with a good trail to follow or we may need to abseil to the base of the wall.
We depart from Bucharest as early as possible, 6.30 preferably, so as to make of the day as much as possible. Based on the chosen destination (Bucegi or Postavaru), we expect to arrive there in 2 to 3 hours.
Depending on the positioning of the route, we might have to walk for reaching it (40 to more than two hours). Arriving at the bottom of the route we start preparing ourselves for climbing: uncoiling the ropes, putting on harnesses, preparing the slings, the runners, etc.
If you are a beginner we will start by explaining to you the equipment and its correct use as well as what you have to do when you climb up. In this case, we will bring another second climber to let you enjoy the climbing experience without having you to worry about the procedures for multi pitch climbing and of course for not having to worry ourselves. No matter the level of your rock climbing skills, the point is for you to climb and us to belay you so as to have fun.
The route might end with a good trail to follow or we may need to abseil to the base of the wall.
On the way back we will stop for a fully deserved dinner. We estimate to arrive in Bucharest by 22.00, depending on the traffic and the exact hour of leaving the route.